WeCare on January 26, launched the awareness Campaign in Coimbatore. Objective of the campaign is to Contribute to societal awareness on importance of segregation-at-sources and safe handling of plastic waste, through effective partnerships with key stakeholders, in select geographies across Chandigarh, Himachal Pradesh and Tamil Nadu.
WeCare has undertaken IEC activities in the year 2020-21 (FY). WeCare has prioritized key IEC activities as mentioned below but not limited to:
1. Training and awareness session on safe practices for waste management, specially designed for waste collectors/ handlers (in English and vernacular language);
2. Distribute knowledge pamphlets/ training materials for attended participants.
3. Distribute PPE kits to the waste collectors
4. Engage communities for driving waste segregation at sources
5. Identify key interventions for continual efforts on plastic waste management.
6.Work with Urban Local Bodies to hold capacity building sessions.