WeCare has undertaken IEC activities in the year 2020-21 (FY). WeCare has prioritized key IEC activities as mentioned below but not limited to:
1. Training and awareness session on safe practices for waste management, specially designed for waste collectors/ handlers (in English and vernacular language);
2. Distribute knowledge pamphlets/ training materials for attended participants.
3. Distribute PPE kits to the waste collectors
4. Engage communities for driving waste segregation at sources
5. Identify key interventions for continual efforts on plastic waste management.
6.Work with Urban Local Bodies to hold capacity building sessions.
Contribute to societal awareness on importance of segregation-at-sources and safe handling of plastic waste, through effective partnerships with key stakeholders, in select geographies across Chandigarh, Himachal Pradesh and Tamil Nadu.
Devise a plan in partnership with concerned Urban Local Body/municipal authorityfor driving segregation at source and improve the capacity of waste collectors/handlers involved in the value chain of plastic waste management. For the purpose, a detailed proposal with clear roles and responsibilities of all stakeholders involved, including timelines is invited from the qualified waste management agencies. The proposal may consider to includefollowing non-exhaustive list of activities:
- Distribute/donate co-branded recycled products Green and Blue dustbins, MLP picking rod, benches for municipal parks etc
- Prepare and share training content, translate it to regional languages and work with Urban Local Bodies to hold capacity building trainings
- Sessions on safe waste management practices with Do’s & Don’ts
- Formalizing standard operating procedures at the collection and segregation centre
- PPE /hygiene kits for waste workers/ municipal workers
- Mementos made from recycled/repurposed plastic to be handed to govt stakeholders for their support.
- Outreach to state media for awareness about this activity.
Final report including total outreach, on-ground impact, distribution of PPE kits, details of safety brochure/handbook and financial utilization of funds to be provided post completion of project.