WeCare along with The Hyphen and India CSR invited students above 10th Std to express their views on Waste Management and felicitated the best writers among Indian students. More than 5 thousand essays were received from the length and breadth of the country.
More than 100 print and online media outlets covered the fellowship. We engaged with the Ministry of Education, and the Ministry of Housing & Urban Affairs, for the same.
We were joined by Dr. Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishak, Minister of Education to launch the fellowship and Mr. Suresh Prabhu, India’s Sherpa to G7 and G20 to felicitate the students.
Jury Chair: Shri CK Mishra, Former Secretary, Environment, Forests & Climate Change
- Padma Shri Prof. R Vasudevan
- Dr. Amiya Kumar Sahu, President, National Solid Waste Association of India (NSWAI)
- Ms. Vaishali Nandan, Director-Climate Smart Cities, GIZ India
- Ms. Gayatri Raghwa, Consultant, UN Environment Programme
- Mr. Manjeet Singh, CEO, Buddy4Study
- Dr. Abhinav Mathur, Ph.D., Founder, Million Sparks Foundation
- Dr. Amit Tuteja, Founder, Connecting Dreams Foundation
- Dr. Sujay Jha, CEO, Hari Bhari Recyclable Private Limited
WeCare Fellowship Award Winners